It’s right here: Our first annual listing of the folk in tech and trade who in truth made the most important have an effect on this yr.
Our purpose used to be to search out the individuals who kicked probably the most ass in 2017 — the leaders, movement-starters, engineers, negotiators and creatives who’ve been the best and cutting edge within the industries we quilt — essentially in tech, media and trade, but in addition a few of our new focal point spaces like transportation, coverage and robotics.
And we predict we did!
I urge you to learn thru our 100 profiles, from No. 1, Amazon CEO Jeff Bezos, who’s surroundings Amazon as much as dominate for any other decade, thru No. 100, the Duffer brothers, whose “Stranger Issues” has been a spooky hit for Netflix.
Don’t pass over No. 2, Susan Fowler, who introduced down Uber’s rotten tradition (and government group) with simplest her phrases, or No. 20, Colin Kaepernick, who has uncovered injustice and hypocrisy within the sports activities trade and tradition. Or Kara Swisher’s listing of the “Horrible 10” who may have made our listing in the event that they weren’t so terrible.
The Recode 100 has been a large collaboration. Our method integrated enter from our neighborhood, who submitted lots of the winners; our Advisory Staff, who nominated, vetted and helped rank their friends; and Recode’s skilled editorial group.
Due to our inaugural Advisory Staff for his or her time and experience:
- Peter Barrett, founder and CTO at Playground
- Troy Carter, founder and CEO at Atom Manufacturing unit
- Eva Chen, head of favor partnerships at Instagram
- Lili Cheung, company vice chairman of AI and analysis at Microsoft
- Aneesh Chopra, president at CareJourney
- Regina Dugan, VP of engineering and head of Development eight at Fb
- Andy Dunn, CEO of Bonobos and SVP of virtual client manufacturers at Walmart U.S. eCommerce
- Joi Ito, director at MIT Media Lab
- Rebecca Kaden, basic spouse at Union Sq. Ventures
- Ann Miura-Ko, spouse at Floodgate
- Morning time Ostroff, president at Conde Nast Leisure
- Nilay Patel, editor in leader at The Verge
- Megan Quinn, basic spouse at Spark Capital
- Carol Reiley, co-founder and president at Force.ai
- Anand Sanwal, co-founder and CEO of CB Insights
- Reshma Saujani, founder and CEO of Women Who Code
- Ted Ullyot, spouse at Andreessen Horowitz
- Ken Washington, leader generation officer at Ford Motor Corporate.
And Recode’s editorial group: Shirin Ghaffary, who controlled this venture; Meghann Farnsworth, our engagement editor, who led manufacturing; Edmund Lee, our managing editor; and our writers and editors who contributed profiles, together with Johana Bhuiyan, Kat Borgerding, Joe Brown, Elizabeth Crane, Jason Del Rey, Eric Johnson, Peter Kafka, Rani Molla, Tony Romm, Theodore Schleifer, Kara Swisher and Kurt Wagner.
And Vox Media’s experiential and advertising groups, who’ve put in combination a marvelous party for the winners: Michelle Berg, Devin Briski, Zach Kahn, Kim Remaining, Jill Pendergast, Laura Scaglione and Shannon Thompson.
And our Vox Media colleagues and individuals who led the technical and design portions of this manufacturing: Krystal Stevens, who led visible design; plus Deep Adke, Ben Alt, Gregg Bernstein, Mandy Brown, Ambika Citadel, Billy Ceskavich, Dan Chilton, Marie Connelly, Georgia Cowley, Jon Douglas, Nate Edwards, Priya Ganapati, Katie Kovalcin, Courtney Leonard, Meg Lewis, Steven Leon, Tim Lingard, Erik Luchauer, Greg MacWilliam, Pete Mall, Katie O’Dowd, Aaron Parkening, Christopher Reath, Nozlee Samadzadeh, Kelsey Scherer, Nancy Seay, Sanette Tanaka, Sarah Taylor, Blake Thomson, Ashley Tsang, Victor Ware, Jesse Younger, David Zhou and Nicole Zhu.
And, maximum of all, you, our readers and neighborhood, in your enter, consideration and give a boost to. Thanks!