You can read about the various forms of web hosting if you’re launching your first website. You will find out which alternative is the right one for your website that way. Below are the Six types of hosting plans to consider this year.
- WordPress Hosting
- Shared Hosting
- VPS Hosting
- Cloud Hosting
- Dedicated Hosting
- Reseller Hosting
As the name implies, WordPress hosting is for WordPress websites. If you want your web hosting to be enhanced for your WordPress website, it is the right option for you.
- Optimized for WordPress
- One-click installations
- Improved security for WordPress sites
- Limited control and flexibility.
- Updates aren’t smooth every time.
- Shares resources with other WordPress websites.
The most fundamental kind of web hosting is shared hosting. For minor or entry-level websites, it’s cost-effective and the best option. Websites utilizing shared hosting can share data on a common server with the other websites, as the name suggests.
You might save some funds by choosing a shared web hosting package if you’re not seeking more than 10,000 or 20,000 monthly visits to your webpage.
- Most cost-effective.
- Easy to set up.
- No technical knowledge required.
- Ideal for beginners and small websites.
- Shares server resources with other sites.
- Performance issues are out of user’s control.
- Slow loading times and low uptime rates.
- Not scalable
VPS stands for “virtual private server.” A step above shared web hosting is this type of hosting. It’s common for owners to upgrade to a VPS when a website outgrows their shared plan. Your website will still share a single server with other websites through a virtual private server. The number of websites with which you will share it, however, will be significantly lower.
For small or medium-sized companies that can’t afford to have unanticipated downtime on their website, VPS hosting is ideal. For website owners who have outgrown the resources of a shared hosting plan, it’s a great option.
- Dedicated server resources.
- Capability to make custom configurations to user’s server.
- High uptime and faster loading speeds
- Shares main server with other sites.
- Not easy to set up as compared to shared server.
- limitations in terms of what user can control.
Traditionally, dedicated servers are considered the best option for web hosting. It’s because you’ve got a dedicated server that’s entirely owned by you. Moreover, you get even more perks with dedicated hosting such as faster speeds and more uptime. But it is expensive too!
Dedicated hosting plans are most suitable for large and enterprise -level websites. These websites have more than 100,000 visits per month. Such high number of visits also bring a lot of revenue that’s why these websites can afford it.
- Full control over server.
- Doesn’t share resources with other websites.
- High security.
- Faster load times, higher uptimes, and optimum performance.
- Most expensive
- Needs technical knowledge.
- User is responsible for everything.
Cloud hosting is basically a hybrid form of VPS hosting, but it is more budget friendly. With cloud hosting, the websites will have high uptime rates and won’t face downtime due to problems in servers.
It comes with various remote servers where each server is set to have different responsibilities. In this way, if one server gets down due to any issue, the other servers will take over and keep the website running without any interruption.
Cloud hosting works best for both medium and large business websites that have exceptional growth rate. If the traffic on your website is unpredictable, and you want to scale it on steady rate, a cloud hosting plan is the right choice.
- High security
- Scale resources on demand
- Less unexpected downtime
- Pricing isn’t always fixed.
- Unpredictable traffic can increase costs.
- Limited customization.
Reseller hosting comes for those who want to sell web hosting plans to other websites. In this hosting, user buys web hosting plans from their hosting provider and sells it to other websites through their platform. In this way, both the web hosting company and the seller earn.
It is most suitable for web developers, web designers and web agencies who have their own ratio of clients available.
- Set your desired prices with your clients.
- Get sustainable income.
- Improve your current services.
- Need lots of clients hence effort.
- If anything goes wrong, your clients will blame you.